Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Badminton and Bridge outing

Woah. Dead tired right now. Too tired to think of all the interesting ways of describing my day today haha. Well, I’d just keep my post long, but simple. Just like my blogskin now! Yeah. I like the simplicity of it! I’m going to remove my tagboard soon so I’d feel more like this is my my MY blog, a place I can pour out my feelings and stuff just between me and my diary. Of course, others can read it too. I dun mind. But haha, I kinda like the feeling like its me vs computer thing. Its kinda more personal. Eh? Blogs are created for this purpose eh?

Alright, so today we ate lunch at subway Holland v. Tracy came later then we met Alicia at buona vista. Subway! My Fave Eatery for now! See, even that line needs to capitalized in the first letters. Shared a turkey breast sandwich with honey mustard sauce. And to top that up, we got our white choc macademia cookies with a drink. I’m not all too happy about the drink truthfully. Makes my tongue squirm in all directions, and my nose and face twisted in a funny expression. It was all xy’s fault. Haha. She wanted sprite mix with ice lemon tea. Wrong choice! Never ever try to do a mix of drinks, you’ll have stomach ache later! Yeah. So thankfully she finished most of it.

Ok, so we all went to temasek club to play badminton. Well, guess what? Haha. Xy apparently seemed to have her mind still in china or something. She forgot to bring her racket! I was like, “Xy, where’s your racket?” And she said, “HUH? Need to bring meh? You didn’t tell me to bring?” Hahahaha Typical of her, really. Then I told her it was common sense that we needed to bring the racket larh. So thankfully, my mum was at home and she was nice enough to grab an extra racket for xy and then fetch us from buona vista to tc. We didn’t want to trouble her eh, but she just insisted!

Since badminton only started at 4pm, we hanged around the play room for 2 hours playing bridge and having loads of fun ‘experimenting’ with the different kinds of stuff there, such as the trolley, mini car, slides etc. Took a lot of photos using xy’s cam and mine on tracy riding the mini car, and xy sitting on the baby rocking chair. Haha. It was really rare to get a photo of tracy, let alone see her in a MINI CAR? Lol hahahaah. So we all know now whats tracy’s fave pastime.

Oh. So as for the badminton bit. IT WAS SO FUN.
We played doubles there for many sets. And it was really interesting to see how my fellow friends whack the shuttlecock. Xy was quite good. Her shots were the swiftest and the most POWERFUL ones. Must be all the training she got in Lifeguard hahaha. But then again, she was using my mom’s racket. So. Hmm. Hard to explain why xy was good. Haha. When me and tracy partner each other vs Alicia and xy, Tracy would go ‘mummy’ when the ball is too high for her or we get one of xy’s all-too-sudden balls. Ok. Haha. Don’t think dirty please. While I would scream and yelp out loud if I miss the ball or if I suddenly feel the urge to strangle xy for shocking me with her shuttococks. Haha. So it was a rather noisy yet fun game today. Alicia always looked like she was dancing while playing. She’d spin her body round to hit the ball, and too often or not, the shuttlecock lands either too short from the net, or out of the court. Haha. But sometimes, she gets it in lar.

Ok, now lets access tracy’s skills. Hahahaha. Ok. We saw her badminton racket. IT WAS SO NEW. Then halfway through the game, she asked us if she’s supposed to take off the plastic thingy wrapping around her handle. HAHHAA. She then later told us that her badminton racket isn’t new. Its just haven’t been used in ‘donkey years’. So anyway, when tracy hit the shuttlecock in her first shot today, (when serving), THE SHUTTLECOCK went<vertically upwards!. AHAHAH. And we all laughed like crazy, our bellies on the ground, vibrating the honey-coloured flooring with our convulsive laughter. Xy said, “Tracy, I didn’t expect your skills to be THAT rusty.” And we all laughed like crazy again. HAha.

The image of that vertical, gravity-defying shot of Tracy’s just couldn’t disappear from my mind. And every once in a while, I’d just burst out laughing when playing. Hahaha. Fortunately for me, tracy didn’t do any of that kinda serves anymore, otherwise we’ll all probably die from laughing too hard.

After the game, we took some pics at the toilet. Yeah. I know. Pathetic eh? Aiyah. But what to do? The toilet is the only place we can take a picture with all of us in it. We took some of the nice black and gold coloured temasek club plastic bags from the toilet and stashed them in our bags. Then headed for the playroom to play more bridge!

Finally at around 7.15pm, we left temasek club and went back home. Yup.

We’ll be planning another same outing some time next week hopefully, and an ice-skating one. Can’t wait can’t wait. I hope to see sinyee and the rest soon. Havent seen them in a month. And I want to eat niu rou gan too. AHHH






No comments: