Thursday, November 09, 2006

3rd Day. (Melancholic bits only.)

Just in three days, I've made nearly 168 dollars. I'm getting better in stamping and am working as a bulldozer literally, charging all my energy into one stamp and pressing it down on the paper like naruto exuding his chi energy. I'm probably the noisest worker in the office haha. And just in two days, I feel much older. Apart from the working clothes I have to wear, and the low heels which wrapped snugly around my blistered feet, I feel I have gained a new sense of understanding. Such a mundane job, a brainless one too and hence it is during this period of time where my mind actually works the fastest. I have never felt so many thoughts race pass my mind, whether it was my silent curses about the job or my incompetence when I make another silly mistake at stamping, my mind was coercing with itself. Maybe this is what workers feel, when they have to do the same thing over and over again. But there is just one thing this opportunity gave me, and that is the knowledge and understanding that working life is though. Money is hard earned and my parents really slaved through their years in their offices working like a machine that could not stop, while the kids enjoy themsleves at home whiling their time away in front of the computer screen, not knowing what their parents are going through to keep their butts alive.

And its really weird that I am starting to call the colleagues at office by their name, without the usual polite endearment of 'uncle' or 'aunty' at the front. Behind all these, there is really an existing fascade. We newbies of the company are just plain midgets in their eyes, specks of dust they can flicker off when they don't need us or live human sandbags of our ruthelss superiors. It isn't shown on the surface since all of us call each other by our names, and appear to do the same job. Call me observant but I do notice this one colleague who gives me loads of stacks of worksheets to stamp and after that, I'm told to hand all of the finished work to her desk so she could do some 'checking'. The both of us do more less the same job which is why I'm a little suspicious. Why must I hand over my work, MY work, the work I've toiled over since the beginning of the day, for her to do the honours of passing it directly to the engineers and for her to receive the recognition or the credit from them.

Its not that I'm pissed at this nor do I want the credit I should be getting. Trust me, I don't even care if I'm labelled as a slacker or what ever they want to call me by or a messy person,who stamps the chops on a heavily textured mass of liquid paper. But I'm just pointing this out to show the true realities of working life. All those horrible, unoriginal channel 8 shows about office life are true afterall.

Oh, oh the harsh realities of real office work!

And I like it.

I really do.
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: