Thursday, October 19, 2006

This week had been the most testing week in my ac life, save for exam period. I have been having sleepless nights because of PW and trouble concentrating in lectures in school. Take math lecture for example, for the first time, I didn't know what on earth was going on with the volume of cylinders and integration signs and numbers just appeared right in front of the projector screen, nothing was of any sense to me.

And today I experienced my worst form of frustration since coming to AC. No it wasn't friends, nor was it the stress of PW and Chinese(or lack thereof)l, but rather, an ordinary human being. Let me take back my words, I thought she was ordinary, sure she had the most motherly face at first glance, but underneath that pair of old-fashioned large glasses lies ruthless, cold eyes. That kind of steely eyes you read in books. Ok, I'm getting carried away here with that memory. Sorry for the exaggeration.

Anyway, coming back to Mrs.Doom, I've heard rumours about her bad-temper so fortunately I was mentally prepared before calling her out from her staff room to speak to me. WHen she finally appeared after say 5 minutes or so, she glanced up at me and demanded 'What do you want?' I was shocked momentarily and as a result, only managed to stammer a reply. After I finished, she stared at me again before going back in to the staff room without saying a thing. And I was thinking about whether I should leave or wait for her/ was she coming back to attend to me? Good old me waited for antoher 3 minutes until her stout figure came through the glass doors.
'Name? '
'Samantha.'
'No, I mean what class?' (angrily) me thinking: She didn't even ask for my class!
After finding out that my attendance was poor, she then gave me a cold, harsh lecture in her stern, voice.
Halfway when I was pleading my case and talking to her, she ignored me completely and turned her head, and walked towards the staffroom.
URG. out of frustration, I took the longer route home by myself to calm my nerves and even walked all the way from my sch to the mrt.

On the way home, I even met Jack who was in his acsi uniform. HAHA. At first he couldn't recognise me at first glance ahah. Man, he was so friendly lar. Normally I'd be the one always initiating the conversation topics and apparently HE was the chatty one asking me all sorts of questions. Man. If I was in his shoes, I'd be intimidated by my own self. Lets face it, I have a rather expressionless face and my face looks really black if I'm not smiling. HAHA. Its not something that I can do man. But anw, it was quite refreshing to see his weird antics again. haha.

No comments: