Friday, September 15, 2006

It hit me hard from the beginning of this week that promos are REALLY drawing near, and I have little time left to complete my chapters. A lot has went by this week and the atmosphere of the class is gradually changing. Now the previously slack guys and girls are even mugging during breaks and some have become permanent full-time muggers. Haha but I don't feel I'm one yet. I actually planned a timetable and am trying really really hard to follow it. but my plan to finish studying EVERYTHING by end of next week was too ambitious seeing that I've obviously been lagging behind. Sigh.. at least i have a goal in mind, that is, to do well for promos and get A's in as many subjects as I can, in particular Maths, Bio and chem. I wanna do h3 proteomics and CHEM. yea.. So I REALLY need good promo results!!!!!!!! Thats one of my incentives to study so focussing is important!!!

This week in school is better than the previous weeks. I am getting to know my friends much more than before and have even tried talking to pple whom I've never ever really talked to before. I know I have this trouble of talking to guys cos I was in a girls' school for 10 years but this is starting to change. Well, kinda. Normally in the past I tend to get shy and quiet and not talk as much usual self when I'm with guys. Reticent? maybe. But now I'm happy I'm getting more confident of myself. I tell myself, 'Just be yourself' among them and it really works. If you hold back and be utterly self-conscious, you won't be yourself anymore and it just doesn't feel right. Ever since going to jc, I think my self-esteem has built up to some exent. Haha. Talking to guys is easier now compared to my days in CJC. Haha

Anw, I was really touched when my class surprised me yesterday with a birthday cake. Me and felicia cut the funny looking chocolate-lotus root cake haha.. and took pics using alicia's cam. Haha. I really didn't expect anything from them cos I don't go around reminding everyone that my birthday is coming... well only my good friends would know my bday.. not them.. so it was really heart-warming to know that these pple actually knew about it and cared about my bday. Haha.. Really Thankful!!

And the ALL the farm animals have sent each other 'good luck for promo' smses!!! First it was Joee, then it was SJ, then it me!!! And xiaomin sent soon after.. Khal sent us the next day... and amira too.. and lastly khal bear. Hahahahahah.. What an interesting new trend. Khal said its a good sign that we still keep in contact with one another even in the midst of our intensive prepartions for promos.. I totally agree man. The spirit of the cow, monkey, bear, flamingo, squirribit and others should be kept strong! (lol, but the idea of spirits roaming around is unnerving.)

Side track a little: I was feeling sad and hurt after reading the tags on sy's blog.. it got me thinking that life for others may not seem so easy after all. Its painful when my good friend gets hurt in the heart.. try being in her shoes and you'll realise how difficult it is to go through what she's going through now... Why must pple make enemies outta one another??? Can't everyone love and accept? Yes.. It is hard to change one's personality to suit others but if you really want someone to change for the better, peaceful confrontrations should be done.

Sy, if you're reading this, be strong ok? As I've said, don't let this influence you. Thinking about it will only make you lose your concentration in your studies and other matters. I understand and have talked to you about how sometimes you tend to get insensitive and be too frank to others. Yes. You say that this too direct-approach may be your personality and honestly speaking, you just wanna be yourself.. But think about it, being too frank sometimes may lead to sensitive pple getting hurt.. and many a time, you don't expect what you say will be hurtful to others.. The best thing to do is to try to forgive those who have said those hurtful words to you and make an effort to work on it. Bitter relationships in the class will make your life even more miserable. Just an advice from your good friend: just forget about it and improve the tactlessness. Dont worry, have faith in the Lord that He will guide you through this treacherous journey you are going through now. Smile always.. DOn't worry about it k.. no matter what.. you have true friends who support you and love you regardless of anything.. Chin up girl and be confident!

No comments: