I was really mad yesterday at my superiors whom I felt their actions were unjustified and I felt slave-drived. What I imagined to be a well-spent and relaxing first annual leave day (today), would turn out to be one which I needed to go to office to do work too, otherwise I would not be able to fulfill their requests at the end of the week. Sometimes I wonder, did I set my own expectations of myself too highly? Do I give my superiors the impression that I am a workaholic and willing to help managers with work even in the weekends? Sigh. Perhaps. I just don't know when I can be bold enough to make a choice (personal choice) to be less hardworking, less helpful. Perhaps I need to learn how to say 'no to others.'
Anyway, today marks a milestone in my life. It is my first annual -leave taken since I joined this company, my first company I signed up with after graduation! Though I need to come back to office to work, I must be thankful at least that I have finally one day of annual leave that I am able to use this financial year since I joined. And there is no other chance to take annual leave because of the heavy subsequent bookings.
In my fit of anger yesterday, God gave me these verses:
"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
Christ's example of such radical love is one I should learn. Even though I feel unjustified for having to work on my leave day too, I was reminded to be humble, to be complete in the joy of the Lord, and to look at the interest of others. Even though I may not be booked on this engagement officially, having to work on it early will save my manager/senior and the team some time when go into our next engagement starting the following week. Yet the verse also says 'look not only to his own interests'.
What do the interests of ourselves mean to you God? Verse 2 highlights that we are to allign our interests to the accord of one mind- that is, the mind of Christ. :)
It is amazing how God works when you are feeling angry or stressed. :D Radical Love; Humility; Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment