Sunday, March 11, 2012

overcomer- He is


“(Numbers 13:31 ESV)And they told him, “We came to the land to which you sent us. It flows with milk and honey, and this is its fruit. However, the people who dwell in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large. And besides, we saw the descendants of Anak there.(Numbers 13:25-28 ESV)”
Then the men who had gone up with him said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we are.”

Contrast this with ““But Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, “Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.” -(Numbers 13:30 ESV)”

Are we like 10 spies whom in spite of seeing that the land God was giving them was flowing with milk and honey, panicked and lost
faith in God?

Are we easily influenced by the panic of others or begin to fear the phantom lions which appear in our lives? Perhaps we need to recognize the phantom lions in our lives.

Surely, even though the land of canaan seemed ‘formidabble’, Joshus and Caleb still stood out as people unfazed by the panic of others, but courageously stood by their convictions. I really love how in spite of seeing that the land had formidable people in it, Caleb did not let it waver him for he told the congregration boldly, ‘we are well able to overcome it.’

Believe in Jesus. Choose quiet confidence in the Lord and remember that He is our overcomer. J The next few months ahead would be long-drawn, testing and stressful. Each start of the week, I wonder how I am going to cope and survive, but at the end of the week, God made his grace known and I realize how much He was there for me. A few of seniors just resigned from the company, this means that more work will be shouldered over the few remaining staff in our audit teams. With the impending tight deadlines, I am not sure how it would work out, but there’s nothing I can do but to entrust it all in His hands. Leave it God to lead me on to decide how long I can continue working in this line.

No comments: