Thursday, May 10, 2007

Unleash the mugger in me day

Resolutions for the new term:

Right, I know the new term has already started but then again, my initial plans to improve on my habits and concentrate on my studies have not transformed into concrete action, hence I guess its necessary to form sort of 'new term resolution'. Prelims are drawing near around mid-august, and the crucial study period for us would be the June Holidays but sad to say, I'd be busy with other commitments like World Vision Famine Camp, Church camp, Story telling for Kids day and other plans with my friends. So I guess, I'd want to be a full-time hardcore mugger from now on.

Steps paving my way of becoming a mugger:

1) Pack up my mountain stack of worksheets and file them neatly into respective subject files.

2) Make the library my new friend. School library or JW library, anything will do. As long as the place is air-conditioned and isn't near the computer, television or bed.

3) Catch up on my lecture notes speed-reading and read them as many times as possible so the facts/key words get engrained in my head. This is necessary for my 500++ pages of Geog lecture notes which are increasing after each week. Same for Biology but not so much for chem.

4)Read extensively on anything BUT storybooks or magazines.

5)I have recently developed an interest/hobby of watching discovery channel, travel and living and arts central. Hey its really interesting and definitely educational.

6) After I'm done with my regular watching of heroes, survivor, america's next top model and ugly betty (the series is geting boring) once their seasons are over, no more tv for me, unless the next season of any of these shows come up.

7) Restrict my computer hours to 1-2 hours per week.

8) Stop eating too much.

9) Organise consultations with teachers.

No comments: