Friday, April 20, 2007

Today we had bio spa, the last ever SPA we would do in our lives. Speaking of SPA, I wonder what passerbys from the public would think of if they hear the phrase "tomorrow we're going to have SPA" from a group of eighteen year olds' conversation. Imagine how many eyebrows would raise if what they hear next is "water bath" and "bubbles".

Anyway, the day before the bio spa practical, the exact question coming for the SPA happened to leak out. This wasn't the first time, in fact, it happened most of the time for chemistry and physics. Its frightening sometimes, when you know in the back of your minds, that some kiasu students would be at home happily writing out a 'MODEL' answer, one that they would memorise and then regurgitate out during the actual paper. And so, the exact thing happened today. Down at the hub and up in the library, you see clusters of students studying the topic, and worst of all, some were even trying to memorise the exact answer to the question.

Everytime something like that happen, I cannot help but feel some pit in my stomach. Whether it was guilt, just my conscience or the Lord prompting me to do the right thing, that unexplainable horrible feeling I felt was there. You know what they say in Romans 12:2, about being an "anti-conformist" and doing whats right in the eyes of the Lord. Constantly, I'm trying my best to avoid straying away from His path but sometimes, human pride gets in the way and I'm sure for most brothers and sisters out there, once in a while, its in our human natural tendencies to achieve the best at all costs.

But today, at the canteen, I was able to witness some really good things about 2 or 3 (mic, trace n sh) of my classmates. Of the three, two of them really made me surprised. Even though they happened to have the 'illegal' answer scheme to the SPA, they didn't want to look at it. :) Trust me, its not that they didn't want to achieve great results, but looking/studying the model answer was just something they felt they shouldn't do.

I didn't bother photocopying that answer scheme from the rest of them, but I knew inside of me, I really wanted to do well and had this thought that it'll be 'more safer to study it. But just hearing mic saying that she's not going to look at it surprised me, it really made my initial urge to look at that model answer disappear.

And at the end of it, I felt glad of being able to just entrust everything into God's hands and working my best out of it. (:
















"All to thee I surrender..."

No comments: