--------------------------

Sandcastle building was fun today. Even though at first I thought whatever the instructors said about it being a lesson-learning experience was crap, (cos he illustrated every step of sandcastle building with a real life lesson analogy) at the end of the day, most of it, made relevance to our purpose of sand-castle building today. Yea but all in all, it was great to see our class going out to build sandcastles together and experience that fun and laughter for the whole day. A pity some of my friends didn't go for this training session.. they missed out the fun! I had the opporunity to shovel loads of sand onto manch's butt and pour water on her by 'accident' haha. With the inclusion of teamwork, crappy talk and creativity, the sancastle building training session today was successful!
And so today,our group built a sandcastle, which unfortunately turned out to look like a chinese cemetry. Haha. but who cares, our castles were the neatest of them all. haha. Got precision and some form of standard k.. Gary's group resembled some desert city. er.. I can't really remember what the other group's one looked like except for the thick wall surrounding it and some random castles sprouting out everywhere in all directions.
After that 6 hours at east coast, we ate dinner at bedok hawker centre. At the dinner table, I just shared out some of my thoughts about a matter but the other party didn't get a single thing I was talking about. oh well. most of my other friends in the class were feeling the same consensus too with regards to the other party but its funny no one wanted to testify to that. Ok I'm not sure as to whether I'm making any sense now.. cos i'm really braindead.
Indeed, I may have been living in a selfish world, but at the word's most subtle form of course. I grew up in a family where it was necessary to do things for yourself and not trouble anyone else to do your job if you were capable of doing it. Lets say a group of friends is sitting in the canteen and no one has bought their food yet. Many a times, everyone would just leave the place and buy food for themselves or help other friends' if the food comes from the same stall. Seldom would you find some girl or guy, instead of queing up for her/his own food, go out to buy everyone drinks even though none of the friends in the table requested for it and even though he/she wasn't going to buy a drink her/himself. Wouldn't it be inevitable for the friends at the table to feel a little bad for not getting their own drinks themselves and for troubling the kind friend?
Well, maybe at this age, I haven't met anybody who's like that, save for my family members or relatives. Why should we trouble someone in doing something when we ourselves are capable of doing it? Yet at the same time, when we want to serve someone else back in the same way, are we often turned down for our kindness because that someone refuses to accept it? The truth is: most people who likes to serve others, doesn't want to be served back. So how then can we repay a good's samaritan's kindness if a good samaritan refuses to be served as most often, a good samamritan wouldn't want to trouble others?
In one of our youth camps, we learnt about faithful servants. The theme was about service and as one of the camps' activities, we tried washing each others' feet just like how Jesus washed his disciples feet. Roles were exchanged and both the master and the servant had a chance to get the feets washed. What I think would be the best conclusion to this would be- to serve others and not expect them to serve you back. Just like service, real service should be one which we serve the Lord and not expect any rewards from Him to come as a result from that service.
---------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment