Friday, March 16, 2007

Alright. Back home and taking a break from studying. I got home earlier than usual and left the library at around 4pm. Well, I think it wasn't a matter of choice that I had to leave that early anyway. I was experiencing so much embarrassment for the other two girls next to me and yet too much silent laughter inside that I just had the urge to pack up and leave. You see, with my initial plan to study geog finish by today, I went to jw lib to study by myself. After 2 hours, 2 girls asked if they could share the table with me so I smiled to them and said 'sure.' But of course like always, I don't think they saw through my friendly intentions as they still looked as though they were scared of me for some reason. Haha. I get that a lot from others anyway. As soon as they sat down, the two of them looked across the table surreptitiously, meaning to glance at my notes which were sprawled on the table. Of course, like all busy-body Singaporeans, they probably wanted to get a gauge of how old I was and so viewing a little of the content from my notes would help.

Much to their delight, for some reason I have no idea why, I could almost sense their relief when they saw the geography terms like 'urbanisation' and 'primacy' on my notes. They probably thought I was younger than them and so that was why for the next 3 hours or so, they began whispering and gossiping to each other about the people in their school (which so happens to be my school too). You know, they did not had the slightest bit of thought that I could be in the same school as them. The stuff they talked about, some of the people I knew were in their conversation too, the maths sums, whats GOING to come out for econs.. man, I couldn't even concentrate . And I couldn't tolerate listening to some of the nasty things they were saying about some people I know in my school. Its horrible really. For the first time, I felt like I was in the shoes of 'a victim of gossip' and I wanted it to end. Then for a second, I thought about opening my mouth and telling them that I'm actually from the same level and school as the both of them. But, yeah. I had no courage and I didn't want to risk them feeling embarrassed.

Ok. You know, they should put single desks and cubicles in the community libraries apart from those large tables. Large tables would be for pple who come with a group of friends, while cubicles for those who come alone.

Yay. I'm almost done with geog except for London's primacy part which is 200% going to come out. .right, I'm going to leave that for the night then I'll reward myself with survivor fiji at 11pm. Its the last weekday of march holidays, and I've still got math questions to practice (I haven't even started), photosynthesis, as well as chem term exam 2006. I just hope I'll be able to finish everything before the exams start!

P.S. I miss farm animals a lot. A LOT LOT LOT. ahhhhh.

No comments: