I just had the worst 20 minutes of the week thus far, maybe even months since if you think about it, i really didn't feel so exhausted and beaten for a long time because of physical exercise.
You see just now, I went running with my mum. Ok, it isn't much- I ran 2.4km and she ran slightly less than 2.0km but we haven't been running in 2 weeks. Last week was lazybones day for us so we used that excuse and that forever threatening and unpredictable weather as reasons not to run. And so you can very well imagine how it went for us today. It was fine for the first 2.km for me, actually I felt it was quite a breeze, better than expected, but seeing my mum still in front of me jogging at the last 200 metre stop, I decided to push myself and race her. When I finally overtook her, little did I know she was also as competitive as me; within seconds, I saw her sprinting body flanking next to me and then flew past me again. I chased after her and we went through this competitive neck-neck race, with me pushing myself to the limits, overexerting myself just so that I can beat her. haha. Silly me,silly both of us.
It was victory for me when I made the last dash 10 seconds ahead of her! But after all that adrenaline pumping, heart worn-up episode, my vision darkened and blurred a little and I really felt like I was going to faint any moment. Walking back home, and even to the bustop seemed too daunting a task for me, at that moment. I wanted to just lie down flat on the rough pavement and rest my listless body. Fortunately, the 100 plus invigorated my body and mind speedily and I was back home preparing my dinner shortly.
Tomorrow our two perm staff who's in the same 'collection team' as us, as well us possibly our supervivor and the Big Boss will be joining us for lunch. Ok, they were the once who said we were to JOIN them. Haha. I really wonder what it'll be like. :P Quite exciting and thrilling, though I'm dreading any possible awkward lunch moments tmr. Ok, its time to impress them with my chinese language prowess. They'd better be blown off their socks!
Ya, who am I kidding? xD
No comments:
Post a Comment