In retrospect, there are just so many happy memories, especially during the younger days when I was in pri school, sec school and back then our family was really a close-knitted and fun one, compared to now. And it seems as though Im the only one actually bothering to ease that tension between certain members of my family. No one ones to make the initiative to 'give in' to the other, because they both think they're right and did absolutely nothing wrong. And when you have such strong-headed males in your family, its hard for the females especially the one who's supposed to have the least authority/voice being the youngest to try to intervene and help them.
My mischievous brother who's always full of nonsense and "shit" (i quote him!), may be the fun goofball I enjoy cracking jokes with him and my sis and my dad and my mum, but he also has a an obstinate bull living in him and can be extremely argumentative and serious.
He's now residing in Europe in his backpacking tour for two months, since last thursday and the house really seems quieter without him. At least I find it so, since I'm the one he's closest to in the family. Its funny that I've not used the computer that frequently, but for much shorter hours and sometimes can even do without it for 2 days or more, when he's not around. But back in the past, when he was still here in Singapore with his comfortably unemployed post-ORD status, it always seemed like I was itching to compete with him for the right to use the computer. There was this constant assertive voice of authority whenever he reminded me not to use it pass midnight. So now, as I stare in front of the screen, there's no longer anyone sitting behind me reading a book or commenting/sharing a new song to me, no one who'd sing as I taught him a new guitar song, no one to call me 'noob' and gloat/tease me at my horrible shots made at my RPG game, or POOL.
My sis and I are in good terms now. :) and i'm really thankful for that. Opening up to her about my feelings really was something I wouldn't regret because it helped to move our relationship one step forward. THough she never DID apologise for her own follies and REFUSED to change her ways about bad habits in the house (such as not switching off the lights, not cleaning her room , not helping out in house chores), I hope that with a better understanding, she'd make an effort to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment