Tuesday, December 07, 2010

random 1

I came across this verse while doing my QT today;

"

2 Timothy 2:23–26

23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."


This serves as a reminder to me not to engage in non-value adding 'debates' with my siblings, my project team mates. (Though, they aren't exactly considered arguing.) Just that some times, I tend to challenge their ideas or fight strongly for my point. Listen more ;)

As I begin to teach sunday school in the future with the junior kids, though it may be difficult to quarrel with them (who would? they are too cute and innocent), and it is unlikely that I argue with them, the key thing is to 'gently instruct' in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of truth. I'm still not sure if I will let my parents know about this decision I've made, or if accepting this invitation would prove to be too early. Or should I wait for one more year after I've finished with my school term?

Today was quite unproductive. Maybe because I'm understanding financial market theories at my own slow pace. Afterall, I'd really rather be thorough in my studying and risk not studying finish than merely reading through the topics covered. Two papers! :) Giving it my best shot.

I must say 301 is a killer though. ahhhhhhh.

No comments: