Monday, January 11, 2010

1st day of school 2010: bitter? sweet? I'd go for both.

Its only the first day of school and there's so much to do! I'm feeling the heat. Ahhhhhh to make it worse, tomorrow, first thing in the morning there's 'principles of taxation' class. This just reminds me of how much I hate econs, and just when I'm enjoying my course, I'm losing my interest in it already. OH MAN.

packed day today. Supposed to meet edi for breakfast in school, but ended up sleeping like a dead log and not waking up from my exciting dream. When I finally woke up, I realised that I'm going to be late for my second appointment with kh, fortunately, I postponed the meeting with him later. And then, because of the crowd in the printing rooms, my printing of notes was delayed and was late for my lunch meeting with jo-el, shaun, and edi.

But I knew I needed to blog today. This is just such a memorable day. I can only share this with you diary, because its too precious a memory for anyone else to know. Well it happened really fast. A phone call 2 hours before midnight changed everything. I could hear the nervousness in his voice, and was trying to hide the nervousness in mine. I probably sounded like I had flowers in my throat, as my voice made weird croaking noises as i spoke. But I was grinning from ear to ear. Is it attraction? Or is it admiration? Is there even chemistry in the first place? I picked up the book carrot gave me and read the title, 'I gave dating goodbye'. Then I started reading through, flipping the pages as if there was something there I wanted to find. There, I found it. The words hit me hard. What is love?

This is what love is.: Not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Do you see what God is saying? God's amazing love for us at the cross provides both the example and the power for us to love others. Because of that, relationships with the opposite sex shld no longer be just about "having a good time" or "learning what I want in a relationship." Its not about getting, but giving.

But who am I to kid? Reality check. I am still stuck studying in this course, hopelessly wishing for time to pass quickly. I stare back at the dull black and white notes of AA203- 'Tax rates for Resident individuals and chargeable income for the previous five years'.

Disappointment.

No comments: