Problems. Door slamming. Tempers flaring. Why do the males in the house like to raise their temper over the most trivial matters? I wish that would take everything likely like a pinch of salt.
Like every family, being a member of one for the past 20 years of my life, I have experienced my fair share of difficulties living with my family members. It used to be cheery and things weren’t so bad in my first few years leading up to high school. The kids were still young, and although precocious for our age, we laughed over bickerings as easily as laughing over a simpsons comedy together.
But now, times have changed. :(
At this very moment, God led me to think about this song ‘Count your Blessings’ He reminds me that our treasures are laid up in heaven, and even if ‘life’s billows and you are tempest-tossed’ Count your blessings and there is really joy in every opportunity.:)
Time to live it up, Sam. Even if I don’t have a room to stay in, even if I am still living in a temporary room with my parents, even if my friends find it strange and relatives ask me why I am living with them when I’m already 20 years old, these people don’t understand my situation. My brother should righfully have his own room, my sister complains and grumbles if anyone shares the same room as her, and that leaves the youngest one to give in and tolerate this behaviour.
The only other room that is vacant and new is now reserved for my mum’s sister who moved in early this year due to family problems in my grandmothers house. What should I say when someone else asks me why am I still living with my parents? Hmm. Well, there are just some things that the youngest in the family have no choice but to compromise. Ownerships of rooms are just a small little thing governing our minds but since we are all pilgrims on earth, there really is no reason for me to complain about not having my own room. My parents worked hard, especially my mum, trying to appease every child of theirs and really what they have done for me is something thats worth thanking for and appreciating. I don't want to hurt my aunt's feelings and tell her that I actually want to stay in her room otherwise the next thing she'll do is to move in back to the house she used to say in, and life might be difficult for her again. She isn't earning much, whilst I have a room a little bigger than the size of my sofa.
This is the lyrics that touch me. Its a hymn called 'count your blessings'
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,Count your many blessings, name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.Refrain:Count your blessings, name them one by one,Count your blessings, see what God hath done!Count your blessings, name them one by one,*Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.[*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]Are you ever burdened with a load of care?Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,And you will keep singing as the days go by.When you look at others with their lands and gold,Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;Count your many blessings—wealth can never buyYour reward in heaven, nor your home on high.So, amid the conflict whether great or small,Do not be discouraged, God is over all;Count your many blessings, angels will attend,Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.*Alternate text.
I hate what my family is going through now. Just talking with my brother. Well its by far the most serious msn conversation I had with him on msn. God, they don’t seem to understand me. I’m touched by all the revelations you have shown me, but my family members aren’t? I want them to rekindle your first love. Im trying very very hard. Let me not grow tired of praying and loving my family. Let me not get tired of praying for them Lord.
if u are a close friend of mine and know about this, please pray for me okay. Pray for my family. :) We are going through a tough time right now. And if you are a close friend of mine, don't judge what I am going through and start questioning a lot of things. Its the least I want to be doing now.
Time to keep on smiling and learn to tolerate and be patient:)
My bro said that he is going to tell Daddy that he's not going to talk to him anymore. Its not the first time he's said that but this time, he sounds really serious. He tells me that he is really fed up with dad's antics and irrational behaviour in the house and he is tired of giving in. Yea, him talking about giving in? After which, I shared about my thoughts about how Jesus thought us to love each other and think about what Jesus would have done in the situation instead of using his own emotions and thoughts of his mind to rationalise his decisions. I reminded him again of what Jesus said in the bible in Matthew 5:39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also" This is what I learn and try to practise it in my daily living.. sigh.. but as much as I try to remember it, my brother doesn't quite seemed to understand it or me. Maybe thats the repurcussions of being a second-generation christian. I was quite blessed and thankful to be in cf and it made me grow a lot in my christian walk with him. One of the major reasons why I wanted to join CF was also because I knew how the fellowship, encouragement and bible studies would draw me closer to God, and with that hopefully I can slowly bring back to my family what I have learnt. The joys CF brought me and the comfortable life my family has been experiencing (my family do get a lot with each and joke with each other a lot a majority of the time actually) made me forget about the importance of reaching out to my family members. And I can't forgive myself for that. I wish my family members, if God is willing, would be able to have the heart and find the time to go for church camps, serve in Church more and experience God all over again.
God help me and my family overcome this tough period of strained relationships.
p.s i can't believe i nearly post this on beno's blog instead of my own. THat would wreak havoc!!
No comments:
Post a Comment