Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rehab

Whew! I finally reciprocated back an even longer 'essay' to her in the end. HAHA. Which is kinda ironic, if you think about it, since I've been saying that she's been the verbose and talkative one. Anw, i should leave whatever reservations I have at the back of the seat and not overlook matters too much cos afterall, she's a nice person yea?

My dad finally came home after his vietnam trip and bought a whole lot of souvenirs back for us. THere was this keychain doll and a shirt from him. Thanks daddy! Sigh, and I finally broke the news to him that I was going to do FST. And the reaction on his face was kinda unexpectedly disheartening. Not only did he not reply, but he went back to use the toilet? Either he's very urgent, or maybe he's needs time to think it through. On the phone with me yesterday, he told me I could choose to do anything I want as long as its not Psychology and Social Work. My brother shares the same sentiments too. You see my dad has this thing for the field of Psychology and I'm sure they are good reasons for it, since he has many contacts in a range of professional working fields and he used to have this part time job of working as an advisor or 'consultant' for job prospects to jc students.

"Wait on the Lord"- this message struck me home when doing my QT a few days ago. I guess everything happens for a reason, and we should just be confident of God's plan for us. Pray for strength and patience :D

All the best to everyone's choices yea? Follow your heart and don't don't think so much about whether a certain job is lucrative or not, because I know its the major underlying factor for most people.

A classmate of mine closing comment before he signed off msn was this- "Hope you learn something at work?" on Friday morning. And that really kept me thinking. What have I actually learnt from working at this ruddy company? Is there any useful skill or knowledge that I can take home with me? If there hardly is, how do I make such a working experience more meaningful then? His words struck me into that realization.

These are some of the things that popped into my mind: (I left out the silly things like being professional at removing staples from papers of course, haha.)

~ Basic excel skills (most of which were NOT taught by someone else, but were discovered and attained as result of being too free at work =x)
~ scanning
` Level of tolerance, patience, and endurance
~ Getting over the blues of certain work days or personal problems with a recently discovered mood-lifter
~ exposure and ways to work with friends and colleagues who might be different than yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

steph the great here! im adapting!:) now used to ppl calling me that!haha! i guess people learn a lot when they encounter a different journey in their life. the impacts of it will change you and i think its a good thing because you do gain valuable experience in different areas:)gosh! i feel as if i am like writing an english essay on journeys.HAHA!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i thought it was your sister commenting. i thought why would your sister call herself the great. then it dawned upon me that only one person would be so thick-skinned as to call herself that. haha.

sam said...

Haha. That was a huge give-away already ;) If she didn't put that 'great' there, I don't think you wouldve known right? Gosh, I wouldn't even realise who it can actually be too!

Hey, the night is still young, pull the april fools joke on bear and wish her a happy birthday, before its too late. After all, its 31st March right?

haha.