Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A-side

Forget about the mistakes made during the prelims and just learn from them. I shall move to a lighter note now. Ha ha.

The Bio paper was not as bad as I thought. I guess I was lucky enough to be able to recall some Bio facts from the last time I studied for paper 2, otherwise, I’d just be dead meat. After the bio paper, some bunch of friends went to eat some Japanese food at Sakae Sushi. Surprise Surprise. Then we went shopping around citylink, suntec city and marina for carol’s present and teachers’ day gifts. Seriously, shopping for teachers is quite a pain. When I was in primary school and secondary school, I must admit I never really bothered giving anything to teachers. To me, expressing my gratitude and sincerity in a card made or bought by the class is enough right? Afterall, isn’t it a very clichĂ© thing yet quite true for teachers to say how our performance in our studies is the best teacher’s day gift? The thought of primary school kids asking their parents for money to buy their expensive teacher’s day present is just so unnerving. Why waste the time and money for all the shopping just for a gift your teacher won’t probably remember ten years down the road? But despite all my inner fuss, I still went along with them for the basic reason that teachers should have one day that they can enjoy, one day they can look at all the gifts they have received and find joy in opening and reading those cards one by one.

All that shopping and brain-storming for nearly 4 hours really made my dislike for shopping even worse! I honestly hope tomorrow would be a much much better day. One that involves no window shopping of course, but a fun time just chilling out with one another or playing some games-card games, pool, taboo, and other mind-café kind of interesting board games. Yeah. I wonder what am I thinking, of course none of these will even come true.

No comments: